Sunday, February 21, 2010

Valentine's Party

We had our Valentine's party at Classic Skating last week. If you have seen Ethan you know he has been practicing almost daily with his skates so he was very excited; and because he is the oldest and everything he does is awesome the other kids were thrilled too. We made our Valentine bags the night before and I completely forgot to take pictures of them. I made Joshua's and it was so cute, so I'm actually more sad I didn't get a picture of his.

Two of my sisters were able to come with their kids and some of my neighbors and old friends from our school we used to go to. It ended up getting pretty crowded but the kids didn't seem to mind. They got to skate for two hours and then stuff their face with candy. They slept like angels that night.

The Saturday before Valentine's the Elder's Quorum had a secret dance. They did a really nice job (well one of their wives did a nice job). There was a DJ and lots of food. It was the first time Johnny and I have ever danced, I was in heaven. Johnny on the other hand was in his own personal hell, but he ended up relaxing and having a really good time.

2 comments:

Jen said...

I'm so glad you guys came to the dance and I have to say I was pretty impressed with Johnny, doing something that he obviously didn't want to do, but did anyway for you! What a good husband :)

Jenn said...

That's so funny about Johnny hating it. My husband is so not into social things that whenever I do make him do things, it is painful the whole time! But it reminds me that he loves me because I know how much he hates it!!