Monday, February 8, 2010

Race Season Begins

A few weeks ago my friends Jenny, Julie, and I headed down to St. George to run the Painter's Half Marathon. We went down Friday night and stayed over at my friends parent's house. They had a nice meal ready for us and we got to sleep with no kids waking us up all night long. The race started at 9:00am and it was perfect weather. I was hoping to keep up with Julie and Jenny during the race, after all I had just trained with them right?? I was only able to stay with Julie for about a 1/2 mile and Jenny a few more miles, those girls are amazing. I was still able to finish strong with my fastest time beating my old PR by 7 minutes!

On the way down, is it safe to not watch where you are going on the freeway?


Before the race.

After the race.

3 comments:

Jen said...

You girls are awesome! Sounds like a great time

Ashley F. said...

good job meg!!!

Kallee said...

Way to go! Next time you run somewhere warm, I am totally in...in for cheering you on (no running for me).