Sunday, January 18, 2009

Painters Half Marathon

Johnny and I headed down to St. George on Friday for my half marathon. We got down there and it was 60 degrees, it was so nice. We picked up my race packet and just got to hang out with no kids. That night we went to dinner with our friends. The race started Sat. morning at 9am it was sooo cold! Aubrey and I ran together and Aubrey's sister Julie, ran with her step daughter. We were doing really good, but finally got really tired around mile 10. Aubrey and I split apart at mile 11 she finished about 5 minutes before me. Here is a photo of us at the end.



After that I went back to the condo and slept until about 2pm. We got ready and went out to dinner with our friends, then headed home. It was a lot of fun and it was really nice to be out without our kids.

4 comments:

Abby said...

That's amazing, what an accomplishment!

J-ME said...

Way to go Megan! That is awesome. I knew when you were "forest" in Drill it would pay off someday. Maybe that means I should be a boxer since I was Rocky?
Good work that is quite an accomplishment!

Davis Family said...

Congrats, that is so cool! It's sad when you need to run a 1/2 marathon to get a night away from the kids:) You earned it for sure!

Bryndee Slade said...

That's great meg. Good job.